Friday, April 9, 2010

Strength for the day

Today, I've been reading a couple of blogs of people who have cancer - or whose loved one has cancer or some other life-threatening illness.
One woman has an illness and so do two of her family members. She talks about how tired she is. I feel for her.
And it's at times like these that I love to recall the scriptures.
One of my favorites is: "They who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31.
And there's: "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28.
I call verses like these "Survival Scriptures." They're the ones you hang onto with both hands and a foot - to get you through the tough times in life.
If you're down, fill up on the word. Besides prayer and worship music, it's the best spiritual first aid I know of.
And PLEASE, visit fremonttribune.com and type the words, spiritual spinach, in the little white search box in the upper righthand corner of the home page. Then hit enter or the little magnifying glass.
It will take you to my columns - where you can read your fill. I pray that they minister to you and that God will use them to speak to you!
And, of course, you can visit my Web site at www.realspiritualspinach.com.
I don't mean to sound like a commercial. I just want to provide comfort wherever I can.

Blessings,

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. You are such an encourager. You are absolutely right...filling up on the Word is the best spiritual first aid. I love His Word and get so much refreshment from it. It fills me and leaves me wanting so much more of it, of Him. Oh how I love our God and our time spent together.

    Love you my friend,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete