Friday, June 25, 2010

Meet me in St. Louis

Decades ago, actress Judy Garland was in a movie called "Meet Me in St. Louis."
I never saw the film, but I recall hearing her sing a song from it.
Well, guess what?
Chuck and I are headed to St. Louis, Mo., for the International Christian Retail Association trade show next week.
Please join us in prayer that LOTS of retailers will like our book, "Real Spiritual Spinach - Faith for the Journey," and order it for their stores!
I'm praying that this book goes all around the world and helps millions of people. I don't know if it's selfish or ungodly to pray that it sells millions of copies.
I've prayed that a little.
More than that, I pray that God will use it to reach out to lost and hurting people and to strengthen and encourage those who are already believers.
For a long time, I've imagined sad, discouraged people, sitting alone in a house or apartment and wondering why they're even on this earth or if anybody cares about them. Then I imagine them picking up this book and reading it, feeling God's love and knowing that he cares about them and has a plan for their lives.
I dream of them gaining hope and joy, wanting to dig into the scriptures for themselves, and even seeking out a church where they can go - not just out of routine, but to hear God's word and to unite with other believers who truly seek to live for their Lord and do his will.
This book is already being sold in our local hospital's gift shop. I'd like to see it in other hospital shops.
In the meantime, I trust God and wait.
Please pray that he guides our every step and directs us to the right people just at the right time.
I really believe God can use this book to help many people.
I pray that God will use me to help spread his word.
And I trust in something else for myself and other Christians:
"...that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6.)

Blessings,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment