Friday, March 19, 2010

I am willing

There's a Bible story that makes me kind of sad.
It's the one where a leper comes up to Jesus, hoping to be healed.
The leper says: "Lord if you are willing you can make me clean."
Why did the man think that the Lord might not help him? Had he been refused help so many times that he'd learned not to expect very much from anyone?
I wonder. The thought makes me sad. It also makes me wonder a couple of other things:
Do people hesitate to ask us for things, because they are afraid we won't help them?
Or do we hesitate to ask God for things, because we don't think he will answer our prayers?
Both thoughts sadden me.
Dear Lord, please make me the kind of person that others will come to, knowing that I will extend your grace, hope and love.
And Lord, please always remind me that I can come boldly to your throne of grace for you are loving and merciful God - In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
I'm so glad that the Lord said: "I am willing" to the leper.
If you're hurting today, please cry out to the Lord.
He is faithful!

Here's the link to the Spiritual Spinach column I wrote about this Bible story. The link is: http://fremonttribune.com/lifestyles/article_28a2432b-0ee5-5cf8-ac99-f8937cc5d396.html
I hope you copy and paste this into your browser line at the top of your screen and hit enter. It should take you right to it.
I pray that you'll read it and be blessed.

Blessings,

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much for sharing this sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog with your loving thoughts and prayers. That meant a lot to me. I became a follower of yours today as I read through some of your postings and your news article that you mentioned in the post...so powerful. I invite you to stop in again and if you feel led, I would be honored if you became a follower of mine.

    Blessings,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete