Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The goodness of God

Wow.
It's been a month since I wrote my last blog entry.
People tell me that I should be writing one every day. That's can seem like a tall order to someone who writes for a living.
Some wonderful things have happened in the last month.
I found out today that my grandbaby-in-the-making will be the size of a lemon on Friday. (My daughter-in-law, who is a nurse, reads up on these things.)
Our oldest son, Mike, passed the written test to become a cop for the Omaha Police Department. He takes an agility test tomorrow. If he passes that, he'll have an interview. I've heard that 2,000 people applied for the OPD job (s?)
I had a book signing at Hy-Vee Food Store last Saturday. It went fine.
I go to women's retreat this weekend.
So why am I bringing all of this up?
Maybe it's because I can see God's hand in it all - the formation of a baby, the opportunity for a new job for my son and the chance to spread God's word through a book that's been a miracle from the word, "go."
So many good things have happened to me since I gave my life to the Lord years ago. It's true that I fell away for a time, but God brought me back like a lost sheep to the fold.
I can say along with the Psalmist: "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6).

Blessings,

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, thanks for the update. Glad you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back...every day is alot : ) Since Jan. I've been trying for a M-F post and mostly succeeding. Wed. I do a meme which has become very friendly and sort of feels like a coffee morning so that's a day I don't have to 'create' a post.

    In my first year of blogging I wrote 2-3 x a week. Whatever works for you I say.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete