Thursday, May 6, 2010

The God who works things out

I've been crazy busy at works during the last two or three weeks, but I have to say that God has been faithful.
It's reached the point where I've prayed something like this: "Lord please just direct me every moment and at every turn let me know what to do."
And he's been so faithful!
My days have been jam-packed, but he's helped me get things done.
For quite a while now I've also been praying: "Lord please help me get everything done tomorrow that I need to get done and not fret about the rest."
Guess what?
God's been faithful with that, too.
When I've had uneasy situations with people, I've prayed: "Lord please show me how to act and react" and before I know it that once-tense situation has been defused. When I've felt as if I was out of sorts with someone, I've prayed: "Lord please help us to get back on track."
And the Lord has been faithful to do that as I wait on him.
The Lord has been helping me at every turn!
He is my peace and my strength!
The whole situation reminds me of Scriptures like: "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." Psalm 54:4.
Or: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped." Psalm 28:7.
Or: the first part of Psalm 118, verse 7: "The Lord is with me; he is my helper...."
Who would think that the God of the Universe would want to be my helper? Who would think that the God who created the sun and stars and mountains would find it important to assist me?
It boggles my mind.
Thank you Lord for being so faithful and for loving me!
I love you - not just because you are the God who works things out - but because you are wonderful!

Blessings,

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. He will always love you, and be your most faithful friend sweetie.

    ReplyDelete