Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New life

Today, I'm on vacation and I've had the wonderful opportunity to see professional photographs of our new little grandson, Matthew David.
Now, I know that I'm a proud grandma, but if you want to see God's marvelous handiwork take a look at these photos: http://www.beckynovacekphotography.com/closet-re-do/
There are photos of a closet project at the top of this file and then down below are photographs of Matt and his mommy and daddy.
I'm amazed as a look at the tiny fingers and toes and at his wide-eyed expression. He has the whole world ahead of him now. As he grows and learns about the world around him, I pray that I'll be a good grandma who will help point him toward a relationship with God.
I'm looking forward to many fun days.
At the same time, I'm reading about the death of schoolteacher Jill Richardson. She lost a tough battle with cancer. She was a lovely Christian woman and we know she's in a better place, but my heart goes out to her husband and three young children.
Life is short and fragile.
We are so blessed to have our God, who is faithful and guides us through all the phases of our lives. He is true to his word. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He is our comfort and strength.
So as we navigate through this obstacle course we call life, we should hold tight to the hand and listen for the voice of the only one who really can get us through - and take us to our eternal home.
I think I know one thing I will need to make sure and help teach little Matthew: About how very important it will be for him to love and trust his God.
"All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

Blessings,

Tammy

1 comment: