Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our new grandson

After what seemed like a very long time (well ... 9 months) our first grandchild, Matthew David, was born on Sept. 14.
Naturally, I think he's absolutely adorable! He's got the cutest little upturned nose and brown hair that's as soft as peach fuzz. He's a good baby. Doesn't cry much. Makes cute, funny little faces when he's sleeping.
He was born at the new Methodist Women's Hospital and I'm just amazed by all the technology and monitors. We're so blessed to be in a country with so many medical advances.
And did I tell you how much this baby is loved?
He has two sets of grandparents and three sets of great-grandparents and three uncles and an aunt. Our kids also have lots of friends.
I don't think this child is going to want for much - which is wonderful!
But then I think about all the little children born into the world without hardly anyone to care for them. It makes me sad.
One thing I know - God loves them dearly. They are precious in his sight.
After all, he made them.
Which reminds me of something else: Bible verses in the Old Testament book of Psalms. They're found in chapter 139, starting with verse 13.
They read:
"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Welcome to the world, little Matthew.
Your grandma loves you!
Dear Lord,
Please guard and guide and protect my grandson, Matthew. Lord help him to grow up to be a Godly man who loves you with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. Please let him be a happy child with a great sense of humor and a sunny disposition. Let him be a thankful and joyful person who loves to walk with you - pray to you, read and study your word and who listens to your voice. May he be an obedient person who loves to do your will.
Lord please let him marry a Godly woman and let them have Godly children and grandchildren who will love and serve you all the days of their lives.
May Matthew David - your beloved gift to us - serve you all of his days and may he dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Blessings,

Tammy

1 comment: