Monday, August 9, 2010

House cleaning

I'm on vacation this week and I plan to do some cleaning.
With all the work on the book, my house has been suffering. Chuck tries to help some, but he cleans for a living so he's pretty swamped at the end of the day - as am I.
Needless to say, the house has paid the price.
A couple of friends suggested that I do the 15-minute-a-day thing - just spend those brief moments trying to do whatever I could in that time. It wasn't easy getting started, but once I did I began to notice a change after awhile.
And that was nice!
Then I filled in for somebody at work, who was taking a well-earned vacation, all while trying to do my regular stuff.
God was more than faithful and really helped me accomplish a lot at work.
It was amazing.
Yet I was really tired when I came home from work and the 15-minute-a-day routine fell by the wayside.
Now, I'm trying to pick up the pace again.
You know the saying: "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
Well, that's become my slogan in recent months.
So as I start in on the house again - after this little blog break - I'm reminded of the elephant analogy and something else:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
I'm also looking ahead to the future. My boss will be gone from Aug. 30 through Sept. 10. That means a lot of responsibility falls on my shoulders. (I covet your prayers.)
Yet as I was reading my Bible this morning, I believe the Lord gave me this: "....Be strong all you people of the land, declares the Lord, and work. For I am with you, declares the Lord Almighty ... And my spirit remains among you. Do not fear." Haggai 2:4-5.
I love the part where it says "Be strong .... and work .... Do not fear."
I love the Lord. He is so strong and gentle at the same time.
Well, it's time to get back to housework.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May he make his face shine upon you and give you peace!

Blessings,

Tammy

1 comment: