Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Brrr it's cold outside!

Sometimes it's tough to "feel" grateful when it's snowing outside and the wind is blowing - and your town already has had a bunch of snow.
Tonight, however, I'm reminded of the Apostle Paul's exhortation to the Philippians in which he said: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your witness be evident to all. The Lord is near."
How many times do we forget how near the Lord is?
To me, he's as near as my heart.
I have to remember how many times of the day he helps me. I had to cover a meeting the other night. I knew there were going to be government officials - probably with lots of facts and figures. I really believe the Lord prompted me to call ahead and get them to send me some background - something the proved invaluable when I was writing the story.
Some people might argue that it's just common sense, but I can tell you that I've gone to lots of meetings without background. The Lord's always been faithful and I've always received the information I needed.
This time was different and I appreciate what I believe was a gentle nudging from the Holy Spirit.
I believe the Holy Spirit reminds me of God's word - right when I need it.
As it says in John 14:26: "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
But I also think that sometimes the Holy Spirit simply reminds me of very practical things:
like calling ahead to get background for a story:
or remembering to get some dog food;
or to tell my husband something.
I'm interested to read what other people think.
So if you read this blog. Let me know.
In the meantime, rejoice in the fact that God loved you so much that he sent his one and only son to die for you - so you could spend eternity with him!
Blessings,

Tammy M.
P.S. Please, please visit my Web site at www.realspiritualspinach.com

1 comment: