Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is anybody listening?

Do you ever wonder if anybody is listening to you?
Or really hearing you?
I've been wondering if anybody has been reading this blog.
Sigh.
I'm reminded of that movie "Julie & Julia" about a young married woman, named Julie, who lives in New York City and handles insurance claims after 911. She gets yelled at by unhappy policy holders and is in tears after hearing some of the heartbreaking stories of others.
To keep her sanity, she decides to cook every recipe in Julia Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking."
She also opts to write a blog about it. At first, she wonders if anybody is reading her blog.
I kind of know how she feels.
As a former reporter, now editor, who still writes, I'm used to having my stuff read.
But Blog World has become a whole new story.
Is anybody reading?
I pray so. I pray that people will start reading this blog and then go back and read previous ones.
Writers want to be read.
And people, in general, want to be heard - by God and others.
For example, take a look at what David the Psalmist wrote: "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress, be merciful to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 4:1.
I know God hears the prayers of his people. So it's right that we should keep praying.
Even if we don't think that anybody else in the world listens to us or hears us, I know God does.
He is faithful.
Blessings,

Tammy

1 comment: