Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good listening

I wish I could get everybody to copy and paste this address into their Web browser http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer?pagename=bth_media

It's the address for the Life Today site that includes broadcasts of "Wednesdays with Beth" on the Life Today program with James and Betty Robison.
Beth is Beth Moore, an incredibly gifted Bible teacher, whose lessons cross denominational lines.
My faith began growing dramatically in 2005 after I took her "Believing God" Bible study. It a combination of weekly, hourlong video programs, a week's worth of workbook lessons and then group discussion.
I still remember the first video I ever saw with her. Nothing so completely and absolutely captured my attention. I knew I wanted to come back.
Since then, I've taken several of her studies either at church or on my own. They say it's better to do it in a group and that's probably true. But if you don't have that opportunity, you can buy the books from the Lifeway Christian Resources Web site (or at some Christian bookstores) and then download the videos onto your computer from that site. You don't have to buy them all at once. I buy them after I've finished a week's worth of lessons. Each session costs about $5.50 or less. I put it on my bank card.
I've loved her studies. I think her study on Daniel was my favorite. The first half of that book of the Bible contains stories we loved as a child or young adult - stories like Daniel and the Lions' Den or the three men who were thrown into the fiery furnace.
Beth has a way of helping me look at those stories in a way I never have before. She brings new insights.
The second half of Daniel contains prophesy, much of which has been fulfilled.
I have to admit that I never understood that second half. It was so full of symbolism that I felt like I was trying to read a foreign language.
Beth provided the Rosetta Stone I needed. In her study on Daniel, she explains what the symbolism means.
It opened up a whole new world to me.
I really would like to encourage you all to check into her work. She continually amazes me with her teaching.
I've included some of what I've learned from Beth in my book "Real Spiritual Spinach - Faith for the Journey."
I hope that someday she'll read a copy of the book. If I could inspire or encourage her even half as much as she has me ... well, I'd be thrilled to bits!
In the meantime, please keep reading God's word and praying!

Tammy M.

1 comment: